Tuesday 11 June 2013

So University is Over. What Next?

That is indeed the million pound question. For those of you who are like me then chances are you will have no idea.


I'll put you in the picture of where I stand. I have a law degree from the University of Warwick (classification dependent on results from exams this year). I tried to apply for training contracts, which would set me on the path to be a solicitor. I think I applied for about 30 positions, in big firms and small and city firms and local. I got a few interviews but not offers. 
Unfortunately it seems that this is possibly the norm in the current economy. And it leaves people like us really rather stranded. 

So what do I do?!

Well, if anyone knows the answer to this question then please get in touch with me! If you are here for answers then I don't think I can help you, but what I intend to put on here is my journey through what is essentially going to be a gap year with a view to finding the first rung on my career ladder. 
Ideally for me this would be as a solicitor, but like many grad jobs these days you require a 2.1 to get onto these training programmes. 
Chances are I will talk about this in another blog post as I have a lot of feelings. So many feelings. And this is perhaps something which I CAN provide some advice on. Having completed a degree. 

If I see any job opportunities I will document any interviews and application processes and if and when I get a job you can follow the life of what it means to be an actual real adult. So no teachers, lecturers or parents to help you. 

Why must university be so short?

No comments:

Post a Comment